A few weeks ago I traveled out to Utah on a quick ski trip. On this trip, I was reminded just how important it is to have great girlfriends, and being open to new adventures and making new friends.
On this trip, my girlfriends introduced me to my new favorite cocktail, the French 75. It would be a nice addition to any NYE party, so I wanted to share in a quick post.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces Champagne or Prosecco
- Garnish: lemon twist
- Add the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with the Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
And this also gives me an excuse to share some of my pictured from our trip to Deer Valley. First week of the season, a fresh snowstorm, and wonderful day at the spa made for a fantastic trip.
(Bonus cocktail idea I concocted at the Stein Eriksen Lodge? Chai tea latte with dark spiced rum.)